shipping liquids USPS

Topics not fitting anywhere else.
holomaker

shipping liquids USPS

Post by holomaker »

I've shipped a lot stuff in the past but never really any type of liquids. Ive got a 3 oz plastic bottle ofTEA to send Ron and i found these details;

Re: Shipping Liquids via USPS
Feb 7, 2009 04:45 AM
Go to http://pe.usps.gov, click on the link for the Domestic Mail Manual. Then enter "Liquids" in to the search box on that page. Maybe bookmark the Postal Explorer website for future use. The DMM has the rules and regulations for most of your mailing questions. DMM 601.2.4 Liquids Mailers must mark the outer container of a mailpiece containing liquid to indicate the nature of the contents. Mailers must package and mail liquids under the following conditions: a. Use screw-on caps, soldering, clips, or similar means to close mailpieces containing liquids. Do not use only friction-top closures (push-down types). b. Liquids in steel pails and drums with positive closures, such as locking rings or recessed spouts under screw-cap closures, may be mailed without additional packaging. c. Package glass and other breakable containers of liquid with a capacity of more than 4 fluid ounces according to the following requirements: 1. Cushion the primary container with material sufficient to absorb all leakage in case of breakage. 2. Place the primary container inside another sealed, leakproof container (secondary container), such as a can or plastic bag. 3. Use an outer mailing container that is strong enough to protect the contents. d. As an alternative to 2.4c above, mailers may use containers certified by the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) that passed ISTA's Test Procedure 3A. Mailers must provide their ISTA 3A Package-Product Certification Notice at the time of mailing as verification that the mailpieces they are submitting passed the required performance test.

Signature line begins: USPS Delivery Confirmation service is NOT tracking.
rzeheb

shipping liquids USPS

Post by rzeheb »

Dave, there's no rush on the TEA. It might be easier for me to swing by and pick it up in person the next time I'm on the Island. Much thanks for your thoughtfulness!
dannybee

shipping liquids USPS

Post by dannybee »

holomaker wrote:I've shipped a lot stuff in the past but never really any type of liquids. Ive got a 3 oz plastic bottle ofTEA to send Ron and i found these details;

Re: Shipping Liquids via USPS
Feb 7, 2009 04:45 AM
Go to http://pe.usps.gov, click on the link for the Domestic Mail Manual. Then enter "Liquids" in to the search box on that page. Maybe bookmark the Postal Explorer website for future use. The DMM has the rules and regulations for most of your mailing questions. DMM 601.2.4 Liquids Mailers must mark the outer container of a mailpiece containing liquid to indicate the nature of the contents. Mailers must package and mail liquids under the following conditions: a. Use screw-on caps, soldering, clips, or similar means to close mailpieces containing liquids. Do not use only friction-top closures (push-down types). b. Liquids in steel pails and drums with positive closures, such as locking rings or recessed spouts under screw-cap closures, may be mailed without additional packaging. c. Package glass and other breakable containers of liquid with a capacity of more than 4 fluid ounces according to the following requirements: 1. Cushion the primary container with material sufficient to absorb all leakage in case of breakage. 2. Place the primary container inside another sealed, leakproof container (secondary container), such as a can or plastic bag. 3. Use an outer mailing container that is strong enough to protect the contents. d. As an alternative to 2.4c above, mailers may use containers certified by the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA) that passed ISTA's Test Procedure 3A. Mailers must provide their ISTA 3A Package-Product Certification Notice at the time of mailing as verification that the mailpieces they are submitting passed the required performance test.

Signature line begins: USPS Delivery Confirmation service is NOT tracking.
what about UPS?
John Klayer

shipping liquids USPS

Post by John Klayer »

I just recently bought some formaldhyde off of eBay paid for with PayPal and shipped to my P.O. Box with no problem at all.