What is the trend for Silver Film?

Silverhalide Emulsions / Chemistry.
Valery

Post by Valery »

rzeheb wrote:Yes, my heart-felt apologies all around! :oops: The sample VRP-M film I tested was from Geola. I'm obviously sliding into senility at a faster rate than I thought. :(

Valery, I will reply to your PM in a while. There were some things I did not completely understand. Much thanks,

Ron
Hello Ron.

I sent for Geola several rolls film , I do not know under what name they her have given for you. :(

My film possible to hear if this Triacetat , that thickness 120 microns if PET, that she 175 microns. Pet base has a width 18 centimetres have small become rough surface this is made for the best work vacuum with her.

Geola promised to report the results of the test, but information is absent several months. :o

Valery
Ed Wesly

Post by Ed Wesly »

I have a confession to make. A few years ago Valeri offered samples of his film on Colin’s forum, and I took him up on it. I might have been the only one! However, because it was film, I have trouble using it. No matter what I tried, I never figured out how to hold it well for reflection hologram usage. The thought of laminating, index-matching, etc., just makes me cringe!

So I have quite a few sheets of the stuff, it’s red sensitive, and if it is OK with Valeri I will pass it on to interested people.

Sorry my comrade in holography Valeri, my full-time job and other holographic projects stopped me from even trying your film. If I had been successful, I would certainly have posted my results, as you will notice that I sing the praises of Sphere-S GEO-3 in this forum and on my web site. But the samples came in plate format, which is easier for me to deal with.
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Valery

Post by Valery »

Hi.
I do and plates VE532 and VE633 thickness flow 1,5 mm.
If in a complicated way check the film I could send glass. Though this in a complicated way.

Glass I do for itself for reception master H1 and H2

Will Presently get ready party VE532 PET width of the roll 18 centimetres.
This is an available sample for reception.

Valery.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Ed Wesly wrote:I have a confession to make. A few years ago Valeri offered samples of his film on Colin’s forum, and I took him up on it. I might have been the only one!
I tried both Valery Smirnov's red and green sensitive films. He had generously sent me a huge quantity of free film samples for testing. They were very good. The layers were well hardened. The red emulsion was slower than the green emulsion. Grain size must have been in the PFG-03 range. In my experience colloidal development did perform better than a treatment involving chemical development/rehalogenating bleach. From my own experience with home made AgX emulsions, I assumed this to indicate a relatively low silver content.

As an aside: thinking about the progress made in the photopolymer area I guess we all are waiting for the arrival of an AgX material (with its inherent extraordinary sensitivity) that can be dry processed to high index modulation...

However, because it was film, I have trouble using it. No matter what I tried, I never figured out how to hold it well for reflection hologram usage.

Smirnov's films are availabe on PET. So unlike the messy handling of most of the TAC films around (except for the old Agfa materials), index matching is very easy. To some extent, the polyester base even allows color tuning in liquid gates.
The thought of laminating, index-matching, etc., just makes me cringe!
Well - REAL HOLOGRAPHERS DO IT ON FILM... :lol:
Sorry my comrade in holography Valeri, my full-time job and other holographic projects stopped me from even trying your film. If I had been successful, I would certainly have posted my results, as you will notice that I sing the praises of Sphere-S GEO-3 in this forum and on my web site.
I would have loved to try Sphere-S as well. But unfortunately - despite their promise - I never received any of their materials.
Valery

Post by Valery »

Today I for Sphere -C in the same way do film with emulsion VE633 :)

Valery