What is the trend for Silver Film?

Silverhalide Emulsions / Chemistry.
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

I had great sucess with Colourholographic BB 520 plates. What seems to be the trend as far as brand of plates to use now? Geola? ColorHolographics? Slavich? Ultimate?

The question would be two parts to bring me up to speed.
For 532 Tranmission?
For 532 Reflection?
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

don't forget Ilford, but I think the best is to make your own plates and be as bright as Ultimate :D
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

NO, I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE MY OWN PLATES. I had enough of that for a while. I want to concentrate on holography, not film making for a change. So you what suggestion to you have for store bought plates?
Valery

Post by Valery »

Johnfp wrote:NO, I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE MY OWN PLATES. I had enough of that for a while. I want to concentrate on holography, now film making for a change. So you what suggestion to you have for store bought plates?
Hello
I do 532 nm film VE532 and glass.
Can her sale.
Photo of the holograms http://holoforum.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5&start=20
Valery
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

Johnfp wrote:NO, I DO NOT WANT TO MAKE MY OWN PLATES. I had enough of that for a while. I want to concentrate on holography, not film making for a change. So you what suggestion to you have for store bought plates?
DYI home made plates are not for everyone....the brightest plates but more $$$ is Ultimate....(I think that there base is not just Gelatin but a polymer type matrix allowing the grain side to be very small there by having a ultra bright hologram) then Fuji , or Geola , I think Dave still sells film on ebay
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Not trying to hijack this thread, but, does anyone know where I can get green sensitive film of a size or form suitable for me to cut into 5" X 7"? TIA
Ron
Valery

Post by Valery »

rzeheb wrote:Not trying to hijack this thread, but, does anyone know where I can get green sensitive film of a size or form suitable for me to cut into 5" X 7"? TIA
Ron
I can sell the green film on 532 nm width 12 and 18 centimetres any length roll.

Valery.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Valery,

I tested your sample VRP-M film that you sent a few months ago and it worked very well! I also liked that the film did not curl too much. :)

I will send you a PM to inquire about pricing for a roll of green sensitive film 18 cm wide and 600 cm long.

Thanks, Ron
Valery

Post by Valery »

rzeheb wrote:Hi Valery,

I tested your sample VRP-M film that you sent a few months ago and it worked very well! I also liked that the film did not curl too much. :)

I will send you a PM to inquire about pricing for a roll of green sensitive film 18 cm wide and 600 cm long.

Thanks, Ron
I do not do VRP-M film. :o

My film is identified VE532 VE633 VES532 and VES633
Presently I shall sell VE532 and VE633 she better but does not work the pulse.

Valery.
rzeheb

Post by rzeheb »

Yes, my heart-felt apologies all around! :oops: The sample VRP-M film I tested was from Geola. I'm obviously sliding into senility at a faster rate than I thought. :(

Valery, I will reply to your PM in a while. There were some things I did not completely understand. Much thanks,

Ron