One of the first holograms!

Present your work.
Mihai

Post by Mihai »

This is one of the first holograms (that didn't vanished when taken out of the alcohol bath)
1.5g KDi, 15g Dr.Oetker gelatine, 100ml water, mold coating.
The plate didn't came out very good, as this is my first atempt with mold coating. That thing around the edges is 10 minutes epoxy glue, used for sealing it with another glass plate, but it turned out that I had some moisture traped in there and the hologram started to fade away, so I opened it, reprocesed, and painted it with some transparent lacquer.

Kiffdino

Post by Kiffdino »

Great !!! I see you went for the good old bolt and wrench. They were my favourite test objects aswell, until i used angle brackets. They are super stable aswell + you get some depth in your hologram.
Johnfp

Post by Johnfp »

Excellent job. Keep up the good work. DCG is very fun to master.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Mihai wrote:This is one of the first holograms (that didn't vanished when taken out of the alcohol bath)
1.5g KDi, 15g Dr.Oetker gelatine,]
Here we can find Dr. Oetker's edible gelatin as well. However, it proved to be not so good for DCG etc. I usually have Gelita's edible gelatin. According to some Google search, its bloom strength is 200.
holo_cyware

Post by holo_cyware »

I called the Dr. Oetker's company and the gelatin is of the pig kind with a bloom around 180-200 IIRC.
Tony

Post by Tony »

That would do it.
I'm sure in the hands of one of the DCG gurus it could be made to work but many modification to your process (as well as trade offs) would have to be employed. I still think Joe's idea is the best and have some knox gelatin sent to you and baseline your process, then once dialed in look at alternatives.