interesting link and kit- will it popularize holography?

Starting point for beginners questions.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Hello DJM,

I've seen it at two different Holopacks. It looked pretty good. There was a lot of dirt on the dozen or so samples I saw. I don't know if that was the material or the technique used. The brightness was nice but not amazing. The color was the same, nice but not amazing.

That was a year or two ago. Things could have changed since then. I don't know if they are selling yet, they weren't then.

Jeff W
djm

Post by djm »

Thanks for the info, Jeffrey.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Is this the same stuff ? if so, this may help;

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=i ... re1=Harman
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

Hi,

litiholo has put a new project on Kickstarter to add color to their existing kit: http://kck.st/LNroYB
142laser

Post by 142laser »

They are developing a new kit for full color holography! It is supposed to come with 3 lasers and 20 plates for under $300. We can all help make this happen by sponsering them at Kickstarter.com and pay through Amazon. I did yesterday just to get the 3 lasers and test them. :) Cook...RGB holography for morons like me. :D

So...for a $235 pledge you can get a kit...here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/752 ... m-litiholo
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

142laser wrote:They are developing a new kit for full color holography! It is supposed to come with 3 lasers and 20 plates for under $300. We can all help make this happen by sponsering them at Kickstarter.com and pay through Amazon. I did yesterday just to get the 3 lasers and test them. :) Cook...RGB holography for morons like me. :D

So...for a $235 pledge you can get a kit...here is the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/752 ... m-litiholo
I'm not as keen on this as some others seem to be. The original Litiholo kit was nothing more than a novelty, but at $100, it was affordable so some people might try it, burn through their 20 plates producing maybe 3 viewable holograms, then add what's left to the shelf of things you don't know what to do with, and not feel particularly bad about the original investment. But it was definitely not a kit to raise interest in holography that would make the kit owner think about doing more.

The color kit will be too expensive to qualify as a novelty. I assume the sales of the original kit continue anemic but steady. The color kit won't fair as well.

If it were available today, I wouldn't buy the color kit, and certainly not for $235. Why then would I fund the project in the hopes of maybe getting the very thing I wouldn't buy for the same amount?
World's worst holographer
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

I need to quickly reply to issue. Agreed these lasers will be way to low power to provide anything more than a feeble image (as in the first red only kit), again Paul Christie will repete his inital mistake by misinforming the public on what this film will actually do, and again all those who purchase this "KIT" will be upset. Now lets talk about the film, a simple Denisyuk will not provide a good image, additonal side lighting will definitly be nessary and and ratio of energys
needed to provide a balance will be 3 parts red, 4 parts green, and 9 parts blue, I havent provided actual energy values as i never use a power meter for my exposuers anyway :shock: :lol:

Again ill refer to this picture of a two color hologram made by a harvard professor (AKA markus) as proof it does work.................

142laser

Post by 142laser »

I don't expect studio qulity results with any kit like this but 3 color hologram kit for $300 is interesting for schools...if it can be made to work.
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

I never had a litiholo kit. I just didn't like the idea of only being able to see the hologram in laser light. So that's why i bought the kit from integraf.

Still the idea of having a full color holo kit for less than what a good shutter costs is attractive.

With the "noob kit" from integraf i could produce quite good results, so imho even if the results with a full color kit would only be "half that good" it would be worth it.

Honestly - litiholo beat me with this. Prolly noone's gonna believe me but i had exactly the same idea (starting a kickstarted campaign to get the money to test out LOADS of cheap diode lasers) after finding an affordable (under 100 USD) green dpss laser with CW, TEM00 and SLM.

I just hope litiholo has success with the project.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

kyodai wrote:after finding an affordable (under 100 USD) green dpss laser with CW, TEM00 and SLM.

Can you share what laser this is and where to purchase it? Thanks