interesting link and kit- will it popularize holography?

Starting point for beginners questions.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I second Dave...what cheap green SLM laser? We need to know if that is for real; I have an interferometer ready...! :)
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

It's a novalux laser and it was on ebay. Auction is over now, but maybe it'll reappear.
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Ok, so you got a good deal on a low power Novalux laser, this was not what i was hoping you would tell us... yes we all know about these lasers working for holography, what we really need is a good supply of cheap green and blue laser diodes suitable for holography . :roll:

holomaker wrote: I shot it using Novalux 488nm @ 5mw to make the master, and the proximity copied in 532nm..............
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

I bought some blue and green lasers cheap on ebay, imma test them out as soon as i have all optics and materials...which may take a while because I am a bit low on money right now. But imma make a biiiig post as soon as i have any practical results, promised.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

If it was one of the cheap Novalux on e bay you are lucky it makes holograms. Most of them are not working right and the sellers are less than honorable. This is not a "source" of cheap SLM lasers and I bet the new green diodes are not suitable even at high cost. Too bad.
142laser

Post by 142laser »

I am very dissapointed that so far no information has been provided on the main part of theese kits...the 3 lasers! After I plunked down the money I found out the "film" is the same as the red kits so where is the bid development cost? Testing many different models and brands of lasers right...looking for inexpensive lasers with useable coherence and beam quality. So I was expecting some information. I plan to ask directly. Best, Phil
Eleena

Post by Eleena »

holomaker wrote:I need to quickly reply to issue. Agreed these lasers will be way to low power to provide anything more than a feeble image (as in the first red only kit), again Paul Christie will repete his inital mistake by misinforming the public on what this film will actually do, and again all those who purchase this "KIT" will be upset. Now lets talk about the film, a simple Denisyuk will not provide a good image, additonal side lighting will definitly be nessary and and ratio of energys
needed to provide a balance will be 3 parts red, 4 parts green, and 9 parts blue, I havent provided actual energy values as i never use a power meter for my exposuers anyway :shock: :lol:

Again ill refer to this picture of a two color hologram made by a harvard professor (AKA markus) as proof it does work.................

You were right :roll:

http://youtu.be/UvMBJyDhNJU
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Thanks for the link Eleena, so how long will you guys wait ..................?????
Eleena

Post by Eleena »

holomaker wrote:Thanks for the link Eleena, so how long will you guys wait ..................?????

I've got the same question.... :x
Eleena

Post by Eleena »

Hello
I'm wondering who else is in this kickstarter project of Paul..?
Any news? I've been posting comments/messaging Paul in the last 2 week and still no news..I don't know I thought there are many others involved in this..
Am I the only one who's thinking this is taking WAY to long?Like it's November already...
Honestly I am sick of updates over updates and no shipping in all this time.

So does anybody know more than I do ..? :roll: