VES633 VES532

Silverhalide Emulsions / Chemistry.
Martin

VES633 VES532

Post by Martin »

smirholo wrote:Thank you, but regrettably not all so simply.http://holoforum.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4225#p4225

Isn't that what makes these things even more interesting!? :)
My experience speaks me that for holography necessary to use сенсибилизаторы with narrow line of the absorption. Otherwise good holograms are not got!

In my opinion that wouldn't contradict Lippmann photography. You might perfectly well use a very narrow recording line (either from a very narrow bandwidth light source or by having a sensitizing dye with a narrow absorption line). That's no problem.
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

Yes, agree, here is so I and dialect that for successful testing on blue colour is required blue lazer for reception of the hologram :D
Martin

VES633 VES532

Post by Martin »

smirholo wrote:Yes, agree, here is so I and dialect that for successful testing on blue colour is required blue lazer for reception of the hologram :D
Yes, in order to record a so-called color hologram, you'll need a blue laser.
However, if you only want to make the recording medium, you might actually get along with simple "Lippmanns".
Ed Wesly

VES633 VES532

Post by Ed Wesly »

Why wait for a pan emulsion, just try shooting green wavelengths on red materials! I had tried it with Agfa 8E75HD, as detailed in this paper: http://nlutie.com/ewesly/ProgressPreamble.html

Current experience with Color Holographics BB-640 or CHL-640 plates and Harman Technology Red show that they are just as capable of recording 532 as 633, at the expense of speed, usually the energy dose is about 4 times as much for green as it is for red.

I got the Agfa to work at 476 nm, but the object was a two beam reflection hologram of a backlit object, not a Single Beam Reflection, so that helped. But with a finer grained emulsion there might be some decent results!

Unfortunately I do not have a blue laser, so I haven’t tried any of the “red” materials at that end of the spectrum.
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
dannybee

VES633 VES532

Post by dannybee »

its easy to make a film panchromatic by adding dyes, lets take for instant ves633.. has a dye for red, and silver film by nature has a sensitivity to blue by adding a bath of rodamine b dye &iso will make it panchromatic http://holoforum.org/forum/viewtopic.ph ... e&start=30 :D peace of cake, Dinesh and I have a paper on the subject :D
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dinesh

VES633 VES532

Post by Dinesh »

smirholo wrote:Dinesh, what size grain it is necessary to do? What thickness emulsion? The Base PET or TAC?
And me in a complicated way to feel her on turn blue line since I have not a blue lazer , only 633 and 532 nm.
Grain size and thickness close to VRP. I have the most experience with this emulsion. Base, I think, should be PET as TAC seems to be very birefringent, from John Soneley's posts. If I could get a sample, I'll try blue as well as red and green.
Ed Wesly wrote:Unfortunately I do not have a blue laser, so I haven’t tried any of the “red” materials at that end of the spectrum.
I have. I shot PFG-01 and BB640 at 457 as laser transmissions, ie H1's. They both came out fine. I talked with Mike Midori about the BB640 and he told me that others had reported using it in the blue, but they found that it was slower. I found no such problems. I have not tried shooting reflections on red sensitive film with 457. Thinking further, Mike may have been talking about reflections while I was talking about Tx, which might explain the discrepancy.
Ed Wesly wrote:Current experience with Color Holographics BB-640 or CHL-640 plates and Harman Technology Red show that they are just as capable of recording 532 as 633, at the expense of speed, usually the energy dose is about 4 times as much for green as it is for red.
Not tried shooting in green on a red sensitive plate. I have a few 640's, so I'll give it a try and report on results.
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

Well , I have understood that interest to colour big and it is necessary to do such emulsion.

If do the size grain as VRP ( PFG-01 ) I not sure of reception clean, bright refl. holograms. Though if do the special chemistry this possible obtain. But always noise will more than PFG-03 ( PFG-03C) Besides I have found that alike sensitized work not equally for emulsion with miscellaneous by size grain.

I think possible to solve the problem simply, do two types emulsion on the base VE and VES and experiment will show that better.

Beside me offer to colleague who has got VE633 to test her on 532 nm.
Beside me she works, but energy it is necessary in 5-8 times greater than 633 nm (chemistry in GP2 !)
Valery.
Johnfp

VES633 VES532

Post by Johnfp »

Well, as I stated in another post, I will be getting back in the lab soon, as soon as the weather warms a little.
This emulsion is the first thing I want to try as Valery was kind enough to send me some samples. Unfortunately, shortly after I got the samples the weather turned cold quickly. I will keep everyone posted with my findings. I will be using the JD2 developing kit to start.