VES633 VES532

Silverhalide Emulsions / Chemistry.
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

Hello.
Syntheses to emulsions VES532, VES633 ready.
This analogue VRP and PFG-01
Valery.
rzeheb

VES633 VES532

Post by rzeheb »

O.K., now I feel I should post on my experience with Valery's VES532 film. I certainly hope I'm not offending anyone by providing this review, and if my comments here are misplaced please accept my apologies.

Based on my previous comments on VE532, which was low noise, but also lower sensitivity than I was comfortable with (my laser is only 50 mW), Valery sent me some of his VES532 film which he felt would be a closer analog to the VRP-M that I have the most experience with. Also, unlike the VE532 (which I had requested to be coated onto PET substrate), I asked that the VES532 be coated onto TAC. I found out after the fact (see also thread by John Sonley RE:dark bands) that the PET substrate is birefringent, which can create challenges when making H1 to H2 transfers. The TAC substrate has no such problems.

Anyway, to keep this short, I really LOVE the VES532 film. It performed very well. The coating was uniform without any imperfections. The film was at least as fast (if not a bit faster) than either the VRP-M that I typically use or the Fuji panchromatic film that I have also used and like. The TAC substrate is easy to work with (doesn't require any trimming of the edges that the PET required). Finally, I can continue to use my developer of choice (1:4 diluted Kodak D-19). Based on my experience I would recommend it to anyone looking for a source of reasonably priced green-sensitive holographic film.
holomaker

VES633 VES532

Post by holomaker »

Its good to read this Ron. Did you use a bleach? I have tried using the pyrochrome bleach with little improvment .............. thanks for the input on Valerie's films
rzeheb

VES633 VES532

Post by rzeheb »

Hi Dave,
Yes, I used ferric edta bleach; my usual process.
Dinesh

VES633 VES532

Post by Dinesh »

Valery, any plans for pan? Do you already have pan?
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

by Dinesh » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:19 pm

Valery, any plans for pan? Do you already have pan?
I do not see the greater problems to do the colour, but there is question.
This emulsion will More price, than red or green ( presently price VE, VES - $70 square metre ).
And needs this pan emulsion?

Valery.
Dinesh

VES633 VES532

Post by Dinesh »

smirholo wrote:I do not see the greater problems to do the colour, but there is question.
This emulsion will More price, than red or green ( presently price VE, VES - $70 square metre ).
And needs this pan emulsion?
Yes, if you had pan film and I could try some, I would buy it. Can you send a sample along with sensitivity for rgb? Of course, I'll put up results here.
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

Yes, if you had pan film and I could try some, I would buy it. Can you send a sample along with sensitivity for rgb? Of course, I'll put up results here.
Dinesh, what size grain it is necessary to do? What thickness emulsion? The Base PET or TAC?
And me in a complicated way to feel her on turn blue line since I have not a blue lazer , only 633 and 532 nm.
Martin

VES633 VES532

Post by Martin »

smirholo wrote: And me in a complicated way to feel her on turn blue line since I have not a blue lazer , only 633 and 532 nm.
Lippmann photography might help in this case. You'd "simulate" the blue laser with a blue LED.
By the way, you actually don't need a camera to do this. You simply contact copy some slides/transparencies etc. Moreover, your colloidal developers will do the job.
Valery

VES633 VES532

Post by Valery »

Thank you, but regrettably not all so simply.
My experience speaks me that for holography necessary to use сенсибилизаторы with narrow line of the absorption. Otherwise good holograms are not got! Apropos VE633 works and on 532 , but worse since сенсибилизатор has 2 picas of the absorption , but for green he less.