favalora

Simon's Holography Senior Project

Post by favalora »

Wow. Well, color me impressed!

g
Arturo

Post by Arturo »

nomiss wrote:Here is my first test hologram for the train series. Im starting production of the other today. Should be down by the end of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFTOTYd ... e=youtu.be
Awesome. This is an Ultimate plate, right?
nomiss

Post by nomiss »

Yes it is. They are the best plates ive worked with so far. They are super expensive though compared to what else is out there.
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

I am very pleased and impressed, Simon. And despite the calamities and other set-backs, you've got your project just about wrapped up. Best of luck with your presentation. Do stick with the interferometer demonstration; I think it will serve you better than a mock SBR setup.

/JSFisher
World's worst holographer
nomiss

Post by nomiss »

JSfisher, I think you may have jinxed me. Today I was placing the plate on the stand for my next shot when my hand bumped into one of the supports. It broke and ripped off two of the three supports on the train car. So now I'm a day behind. I got it all glued back together, but it needs a day to dry. Anyways, here's a pic of my built Michelson Interferometer.
photo-27.jpg
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

Nice work on the hologram Simon! I can only wish you the same results on the next few holograms to finish your project.

I see you have the interferometer set up almost ready to go. you will have a hard time stuffing your square 315M laser into the round holder !
A simple laser pointer with a piece of tape holding down the button should give you good enough fringes. The lasers can be got at your local pet store in the cat toy section for $5 or less........
nomiss

Post by nomiss »

Hey Dave, I put the laser pointer holder on there just for looks. I think I'm just going to use the dongle to turn down the power output and use my 315. We have a 400 ft long hall at school that would be perfect for a demonstration of what the raw been looks like. I made two more holograms last night, so ill post some videos and pictures of the later. Im having some trouble with scratched plates. When I take them out of the vacuum package, some of them have one or two scratches.
jsfisher

Post by jsfisher »

Any news?

What you showed us so far should be more than enough to complete your project, but each additional hologram is just icing on the cake.

/JSFisher
World's worst holographer
holomaker

Post by holomaker »

So Simon, Please tell us how you made out ? ..............
Kiffdino

Post by Kiffdino »

Amazing how quickly you got a really nice hologram simon.
Kinda envy you :-)
Good job man !!!