Book recommendation: Holography for the new millennium

Starting point for beginners questions.
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

Well not really a beginner book - but if you finished your "holography handbook" (Kepp it as a reference!) and want something interesting to read i recommend this one. "Holography for the new millennium" - official amazon price: 120 USD, but i got it used for about 10 bucks and that definitely beats buying some old magazine pdf article for 20 dollars from pseudo-scientific ripoff sites.

For pro's there's even some new stuff, obscurities that normal holographers would maybe not come to look into normally, like x-ray holography or solar holography (Okay, okay - I am sure some of the pros here knew everything about it already). But also for the interested noob there is something to grasp for new horizons, like the neat written introduction to full color holography from Bjelkhagen or the useful part about edge-lit holograms by Metz. If you can get it for under 20 bucks it is well-worth the buy even if you are already familiar with some topics. My new favorite book in the subway and definitely one that'll stay in my private collection!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... ition=used
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

Wo this is just what I need, thanks for posting link :D
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks for the review. I just ordered it through our interlibrary system, didn't cost a dime ;)
kyodai

Post by kyodai »

Joe Farina wrote:Thanks for the review. I just ordered it through our interlibrary system, didn't cost a dime ;)
Haha, that sure is the best bargain on this book so far! I'm sure you will like it, so many interesting topics to read about and ideas for new personal experiments... :)
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

yes order mine too :D
Martin

Post by Martin »

kyodai wrote:
Joe Farina wrote:Thanks for the review. I just ordered it through our interlibrary system, didn't cost a dime ;)
Haha, that sure is the best bargain on this book so far! I'm sure you will like it, so many interesting topics to read about and ideas for new personal experiments... :)
Well, you can actually get a pdf file of the millenium book and a couple of other books, relevant to holography (among, "Saxby"), lasers, optics, chemistry etc. etc., at http://en.bookfi.org. It doesn't look like they respect copyrights there...