2006 Holography contest sign-up thread

The 2008 Contest is Now Open!
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

If anyone has any further discussion regarding the contest, please take it over to the discussion thread.

Colin, would you mind deleting the non-signup posts? I've already copied them to the discussion thread.
inaki

Post by inaki »

I am certainly interested in taking part but just wanted to check something. Can it be a hologram we have shot in the past (a few years back) or does it have to be made since the start of the competition?

:?:
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

I've posted a reply in the discussion thread.
inaki

Post by inaki »

I'll sign up to the competition in that case. Thanks.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Well, it looks like I should be able to enter after all. My power supply is due back late this week.
ron olson

Post by ron olson »

I will submit a jpeg representation of "My Girl Rosie". I choose it precisely because the photographic content falls so short of the holographic content.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Ron, would a double image, cross eyed representation do it any justice?
ron olson

Post by ron olson »

It probably would enhance it to take stereo images but I'll leave it to the judges imagination to ascertain dimensional content (plus I have an ulterior motive that I'll get into at a somewhat later date).
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Does this mean I was not the sole supporter of the "enhanced" images put out from the symposium or should I wait and be surprised?

It seems when I argued the inadequacy of photographing holograms that I was alone.

I believe it should be an unwritten law that a stereophoto or movie is the only way we holographers should represent holograhic work. Let's set a new standard and put ourselves apart from 2D photography once and for all.
MichaelH

Post by MichaelH »

Ok, I give up on trying to keep discussions in the discussion thread.

JohnFP wrote:Does this mean I was not the sole supporter of the "enhanced" images put out from the symposium or should I wait and be surprised?
Why wait? Be surprised now. Carpe momento!
JohnFP wrote:It seems when I argued the inadequacy of photographing holograms that I was alone.
Read the thread again, Ron was right there next to you.
JohnFP wrote:I believe it should be an unwritten law that a stereophoto or movie is the only way we holographers should represent holograhic work. Let's set a new standard and put ourselves apart from 2D photography once and for all.

"law"? What's the punishment for violating this law? Will you be converting your web site to stereo or movies soon?