Light Saber

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
MichaelH

Light Saber

Post by MichaelH »

This was made for my nephew who had a light saber model and wanted a hologram made of it.

and a view of the matting and framing

JohnFP

Light Saber

Post by JohnFP »

Michael, that is nice and clean looking. Great hologram.
Cristiano_Perrucci

Light Saber

Post by Cristiano_Perrucci »

Pretty nice hologram, I like how it seems noise free.
Tom B.

Light Saber

Post by Tom B. »

Nice and clean indeed, but the red mat for this green subject is totally wacko and hurts my eyes. Some kind of Xmas color theme? :)
MichaelH

Light Saber

Post by MichaelH »

The mat came out more orangey in the picture. The red I went with in "real life" looks better with the hologram. It's a darker, warmer mat.
Sergio

Light Saber

Post by Sergio »

Nice hologram!

The Sabre is so well laser illuminated, I'm in doubt, is a single beam or H2?

Nice technique.
MichaelH

Light Saber

Post by MichaelH »

Sergio wrote:Nice hologram!

The Sabre is so well laser illuminated, I'm in doubt, is a single beam or H2?

Nice technique.

Thank you. It's funny how some subjects get more response than others. I think Star Wars has completely invaded the world consciousness.

This was an H2. The master was made with two object beams that were fully diffused using a frosted halogen light cover in each beam. There was slightly greater illumination from the left side. The light saber center was approx 4" from the master plate and when making the H2 the rear of the black exit-cap was intersecting the H2 plane.

The H2 film was pre-treated with 5% TEA, developed with JD2 and bleached with EDTA and post treated with 1% ascorbic acid.

The master was processed the exact same way except that the TEA was washed out before exposure.