Experimenting with mold coating

This is a place to post pictures of your latest work.
MarkCavin

Post by MarkCavin »

After seeing what Hans and others have done so far with mold coating, i decided to give it a try. I think it holds huge potential; the coating is as smooth and even as i have seen in any of my previous coatings. Unfortunately some of the emulsion sticks to the Rain-X plate, but i suspect it is because i am using a recycled commercial plate treated with Rain-X and that could be a big blunder on my part.

Exposure 4 minutes

fixed 15 seconds

3 mins water bath room temp

2 mins 70% IPA room temp

2 mins 99% hot IPA

Not a very good hologram, but after a whole series of failures, its good to be getting images again.

dave battin

Post by dave battin »

MarkCavin wrote:Not a very good hologram, but after a whole series of failures, its good to be getting images again.

On the contrary mark this is an excellent hologram and yes the road to DCG holography can be a bumpy one! Keep up the good work Mark!
MarkCavin

Post by MarkCavin »

Thanks for the confidence Dave, and thank you for the processing tips at last Saturdays meeting, it seems to have made a real difference.
JohnFP

Post by JohnFP »

Excellent work Mark!

and thank you for the processing tips at last Saturdays meeting, it seems to have made a real difference.

It's great to see this sharing of information. I have to take the time to let Dave know I think it's great that he is one of the few that openly shares his knowledge with others.

Godspeed Dave!