The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

No problem Dave Thanks!
Look forward to checking it out.
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

yea i sent two,

I had visions of shooting a DCG last week but naturally it failed, so that kinda made a delay as i didnt want to keep showing "rehashed images"

One reflecto dcg ,youve see the image many times prior. Now you can play with the space a bit by flipping and turning it inside out ,etc ....
with an overhead type light

The second it a one step rainbow on glass and it can be stuck on a tripod or on it's mini wood base, it has some war wounds, but viewing it @ 36 inches you
dont focus on the holos surface so much ! :D Its a pain in a** to tune it to get the colors balanced but have fun with it !
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Hi Tony, tracking says "out for delivery" so today is the day it arrives...........
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Thanks Dave I got it.
What a fantastic DCG hologram.

Ok gentlemen I have all the holograms. They are in a case and about ready to go.

Ed can you PM with the address you want this to go?
Once you get it let's say two weeks, then off to John, Mark and then Dave.

I enjoyed showing them off to friends this weekend.
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

Glad they got there ok, were you able to get the one step rainbow to work? It really needs a good point source, the center part will play a bright green if is tuned properly ....
holomaker

The Non Contest

Post by holomaker »

So a couple details on the pass around ? How many holograms? what was the size and weight to the total package? I tried to keep it as tight packing as possible.

I'll make up a quick note for both holograms to accompany each hologram and post it here. Maybe the Others who sent in a hologram for this pass around could do it as well to go along with Ed's write up ...........

its now the beginning of February, Im in no rush to receive these holograms and i propose each person in the pass around get it for a month ? that way there is some time to have and properly display these .
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Well there are:
3 from Mark
1 from John
4 sets of film strips from Ed
2 from Dave
2 from Tony
So 12 in total

Currently they are in a metal case only because they will be travaling a lot. The weight is like 20lbs mainly from the case. If you think I should pack it in cardboard let me know now. I am should it will cost a bit in its current configuration.

Ed I will assume I will sent this to your house. I alos saw your work address and wasn't sure if you prefer it sent there. Let me know by today if I assumed incorrectly.
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

Send it to my home address. PM was sent, don't know if it worked.

Also the collection may snowball from my house. Konrad, konsew on this forum, from Poland, is visiting Chicago and would like to contribute. Jeff Weil is flying in fro the party, Jeff, if you see this, maybe you would like to add something to this menagerie. Plus Rob Taylor might be coming up too, hopefully with a goddy or two to add! So this could be the start of something big!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Tony DCG

The Non Contest

Post by Tony DCG »

Gentlemen, the case for the pass around was mailed yesterday.
Ed I made it a two day delivery so that you have it in time for you honored guest.
I fit everything into a plastic case instead of a metal one because it was cheaper.

I think Dave a month is an awful long time but I will defer to the group. Two weeks seems like enough IMO. If anyone wishes a bit more time then by all means. As long as everyone is in the loop and the next person on the list knows it coming. If you are taking about your possible display on your end then a month or more is fine. You may use my holograms for as long as you like.

The next person after Dave is John

Ed it would be great to get any comments from you and your group.
Ed Wesly

The Non Contest

Post by Ed Wesly »

The nicely packed box arrived on Saturday, just in time for gang to see! It was a truly international crow, which included Hans Bjelkhagen from Sweden by way of Wales; Jesus Lopez from Mexico City, and Konrad of this Forum from Cracow! Plus Jeff Weil flew in from sunny Florida to experience the cold, rain and snow of Chicago, while Rob Taylor is used to the same slop in his home town of Nashville, Indiana. Plus local holographers Dean Randazzo, Rick Bruck and John Bannon gave some input, which I will type up and post later after I recover. Plus the non-holographers, my artist friends and colleagues dug the little show!

It certainly is a cool little collection of hands-on holographer oeuvres! Maybe the show will snowball as it goes around the country, there is still plenty of room in the traveling case!
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols