How do you make Agfa 8E75 T3 HD sensitive to GREEN light

Silverhalide Emulsions / Chemistry.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Some people pre sensitize their film with a simple water and photo flo wash. Since the green light test was done with dyed film or raw there's no way to tell if the speed increase was due to the new dyes or the pre sensitization from the wash.

Jeff W
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Sorry about that, I was mistaken. I just re-read the paper. The anti halation coating was washed out on both tests. I missed that the first time I read it.

Jeff W
John Sonley

Post by John Sonley »

the simplest way is to add a dye I use Rhodamine B, I will try to look for the paper and post it, also hans talk about even a better dye.. il see if I can find that.
Danny - can you find that paper that deals with using Rhodamine dyes
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

John Sonley wrote:
the simplest way is to add a dye I use Rhodamine B, I will try to look for the paper and post it, also hans talk about even a better dye.. il see if I can find that.
Danny - can you find that paper that deals with using Rhodamine dyes
use the same paper....when i ran out of the dye blyth gave me I used Rhodamine B works just as good... got alot of it off ebay

oo how to make Stock dye solns : 1g. per 500 ml methanol or 99% iso.
John Sonley

Post by John Sonley »

Hi Danny - so if using Rhodamine B as the dye, instead of the long named Sigma Aldrich dye, the stock solution is 1gm Rhodamine B in 500 mls of either methanol or IPA.
Does this then need diluting with methanol or IPA to form a working solution - please give me the details of the dilution
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

John Sonley wrote:Hi Danny - so if using Rhodamine B as the dye, instead of the long named Sigma Aldrich dye, the stock solution is 1gm Rhodamine B in 500 mls of either methanol or IPA.
Does this then need diluting with methanol or IPA to form a working solution - please give me the details of the dilution
sorry I did get right back with you.. 2.5 ml of dye solution per 100ml ( and I used 70% iso) basically you want to soak this dye into the gel to get right next to the agx crystal...how long of a soak a bout 1min or so....then wash film with clean bath of iso and water...so you remove all excess dye.. then let it dry
John Sonley

Post by John Sonley »

Danny - many thanks