DCG Category?

This is a place to request new features and report bugs. You can also look here for news regarding the site.
Colin Kaminski

DCG Category?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I think it would be helpful to have a DCG category. I have not made one because of the large amount of work it would take going through old posts and moving them. Any volunteers?
MichaelH

DCG Category?

Post by MichaelH »

If you can wait until Christmas vacation starts (22nd for me) I'll be happy to help.
JohnFP

DCG Category?

Post by JohnFP »

I think if you create a DCG category and just leave it at that it will do fine and in a year or so, no one will even realize posts were not moved. It is an exciting category that I think will have plenty of new and rehashed information. But if you really think it is necessary to move posts, and I guess you mean entire topic threads dealing solely and specifically with DCG, I would be glad to volunteer!
Colin Kaminski

DCG Category?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

I am glad I have two volenteers! Because there is one more time consuming project. In hind site the overall organization of the wiki is flawed. When I origionally concived of that organization wikis did not exist and I was thinking of one very long page. Not the best way to make a wiki. So I also would like some help to fix it. This is where I need to spend my time this winter but the guidence of both of you would be great. The idea is to make a page for each piece of equipment, hologram type etc. And then take the pages that have that information now and make the just outlines. I liked the idea of having an overview of say "technology" but it makes searching for the information difficult and I find there are multiple pages with information that should be all together. So, I want to move a page to "lenses", etc.

If either of you are willing to help in that regard as well we should have a skype call to make a plan.

As far as DCG goes. I will create the catagory and give both of your permission to move threads, split threads etc. and as we run into them we can move them over. Please check if the information can be added to the wiki!
JohnFP

DCG Category?

Post by JohnFP »

Count me in. Seems I need to get Skype up and running again. I will do it promptly.
Kaveh

DCG Category?

Post by Kaveh »

What a good idea. Sorry I can't help, but hats off to those putting their time in. I think there is a huge amount of information on DCG on this forum. Will be good to have it in its own category.
DJ Mathson

DCG Category?

Post by DJ Mathson »

Colin, I may be able to help with the wiki too if you need some more help.
Colin Kaminski

DCG Category?

Post by Colin Kaminski »

That would be great. I can't remember, do you have a log in? If not drop me an email to colin at holography forum dot org and I'll create one. Make sure you are using the email account that I can send the password to.
DJ Mathson

DCG Category?

Post by DJ Mathson »

Colin, did you get my email?
MichaelH

DCG Category?

Post by MichaelH »

Colin, what sizes would you like for images? I've got several instructive ones as well but don't want to overload your inbox.