Beginner question

Starting point for beginners questions.
Eleena

Beginner question

Post by Eleena »

Hello,
I posted this in the facebook group too,but I thought maybe some from here don't use fb..
So, I've been wondering is there are any holographic studios in Europe?
I'm a beginner in holography and I'd like to see one/take some "classes"... I know there is one in NYC (or at least used to be) but currently it is too far away from me.
Also does anybody know (holography) material suppliers (in Europe too)..I was supposed to get that RBG kit from litiholo but since I haven't received it yet,I've decided to set something up..

Thanks.
Kiffdino

Beginner question

Post by Kiffdino »

Hi. Im in Berlin, I dont offer classes but if you want to talk in a starbucks I can tell you the basics. Supplier for film and plates is slavich.com
lobaz

Beginner question

Post by lobaz »

Hi,
I am in Pilsen, Czech Republic. I will have free public classes in September, but I can arrange a special one for you. Holographic materials: for beginners I recommend Harman HoloFX, http://www.ilfordphoto.com/holofx/holofx.asp. They can be processed with JD-4 developer and bleach. They do not expire as fast as Slavich PFG-03M (that are included in e.g. Integraf holographic kit) and they dry much faster. Other silver halide materials I know are by Colour Holographic and Ultimate Holography. Colour Holographic plates require some treatment before use (e.g. triethanolamine bath), co they are not so convenient. I do not have experience with Ultimate ones (I am going to test them soon); they are more expensive than Slavich and Harman and I think it is better to start with something cheaper.

Holographic studios: what type of holographic studio? Artistic, security, research, ...?

Petr
Eleena

Beginner question

Post by Eleena »

Kiffdino wrote:Hi. Im in Berlin, I dont offer classes but if you want to talk in a starbucks I can tell you the basics. Supplier for film and plates is slavich.com
Hi,thanks :) I might take a trip to Berlin,sometime this summer.
Eleena

Beginner question

Post by Eleena »

lobaz wrote:Hi,
I am in Pilsen, Czech Republic. I will have free public classes in September, but I can arrange a special one for you. Holographic materials: for beginners I recommend Harman HoloFX, http://www.ilfordphoto.com/holofx/holofx.asp. They can be processed with JD-4 developer and bleach. They do not expire as fast as Slavich PFG-03M (that are included in e.g. Integraf holographic kit) and they dry much faster. Other silver halide materials I know are by Colour Holographic and Ultimate Holography. Colour Holographic plates require some treatment before use (e.g. triethanolamine bath), co they are not so convenient. I do not have experience with Ultimate ones (I am going to test them soon); they are more expensive than Slavich and Harman and I think it is better to start with something cheaper.

Holographic studios: what type of holographic studio? Artistic, security, research, ...?

Petr
Hi,

Thank you for your answer.Yes,that would be great..that was what I am looking for.
As about holographic studios, I'd prefer something in the artistic field but I wouldn't mind one in research either..
I searched for holographic studios in Europe, but haven't found too much about it so since I am a beginner I just want to learn more about it right now.
HoloM

Beginner question

Post by HoloM »

lobaz wrote:Hi,

Petr
Which Lessons do you offer? Are there already dates? Any more Infoseek about your courses ?
Contact email?

Thank you
lobaz

Beginner question

Post by lobaz »

HoloM wrote:Which Lessons do you offer? Are there already dates? Any more Infoseek about your courses ?
Contact email? Thank you
Hi,
the short (2 hours) classes I was talking about will run in the "Science Week" organized by the University of West Bohemia. They are intended for people who know nothing about holography and are just curious; I will try to encourage namely teenagers (a lot of them visit the event) to try "sandbox holography" with the most affordable setup. I think that holography is a great way to get involved in science.
If you are interested in holography, just send me a PM. We can arrange a meeting and shoot a few holograms (CW laser, various setups), talk about holography, anything you want.

Petr