Questions about two color holography

Starting point for beginners questions.
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

I get the message "This content is unavailable" from Facebook, even after I log on, when I follow these links.
Dinesh

Post by Dinesh »

Joy logged onto FaceBook and managed to get them. I have copies which I can send to anyone interested. Since this is Danny's way of showing the pics, I'd rather that he make the decision of whether or not to actually post them here on the forum. Danny, I assume you're OK about me sending them via email to anyone who requests them?
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

here
Attachments
holo with fiber lens
holo with fiber lens
207156_1670729171683_6910683_n.jpg (15.64 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
Fiber lens
Fiber lens
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

you can see from the photo of fiber lens it take tweaking the aperture size verse spectral size... in realty you cant see it that much because your eye and mind blends it..
also you can see that the beam do not have to be perfectly alined also the fiber lens is flat on one side that needs to be facing the lasers
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

this photo show where the tweaking needed to reduce as much spectral dots as possible... this makes a very nice simple single beam refection
Attachments
215224_1681697725890_778282_n.jpg
215224_1681697725890_778282_n.jpg (43.51 KiB) Viewed 3012 times
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thank you Danny. The colors look excellent, congratulations. It's always a pleasure to see someone "go forward" in holography.

Earlier, you mentioned crosstalk, but I thought crosstalk was only a problem with color transmission holograms. Aren't these Denisyuk? The fibers seem to work, but the "spectral dots" are troublesome. Is there a reason why you aren't using 2 dichroic mirrors to combine the 3 beams? It would solve the problem.
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

with the 3 lasers having different beam sizes one is a melles 457nm and a green dpss 532 and a diode 635 ,, it was a pain to get them all to lineup so found the fiber was much easier . and the right placement you don't see the the dots.. your eye mixes them like a monitor does.. this is the only setup that I was able to get fuji film to work
Joe Farina

Post by Joe Farina »

Thanks Danny, I understand now. The Melles laser would indeed be difficult for standard setup, with an elliptical, divergent beam. Just getting the green DPSS to approximate the HeNe was troublesome enough.
Jeffrey Weil

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

Danny, you've shown this picture a few times over the last year or two. Did you try this technique only once and then stop before you got bright results?

Why didn't you continue until it was tweaked out and looked good?
dannybee

Post by dannybee »

because we are learning Jeff we all havent reach god hood like you Jeff... if you dont like it don't reply.. yes it been about a year or so from my bout with Vertigo.. got a better developer now .... wheres your full color holo Jeff? are you policing the board now? its a very nice simple setup for color Denisyuk.. many thought here that this would never work but it did :D