Re: can someone explain to me procedure of hologram

Post by che »

can someone help
pluto

Post by pluto »

che wrote:can someone help
Che,

There is a lot of great information on the Wiki: http://holowiki.org/wiki/Beginner%27s_Corner

I doubt anybody will explain the whole process in any sort of detail, especially since we already have such a great resource for learning the basics of holography.

I suggest you do some independent research, perhaps buy a book on holography if need be.

Then if you have a specific question in mind, we (other forum members that know a lot more than me) would be happy to help.

Good luck with the holo kit, make sure to post any holograms you make!
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

Hello, che,
I am not sure if A) you want to prepare your own graphics and let someone to manufacture such holograms, or B) if you want to learn principles how these holograms are made, or C) if you want to actually be able to manufacture them.

In case of A: the easiest way is to find a local hologram provider (not necessarily a manufacturer) and ask for technical details. The simplest holograms such as those on your picture can be prepared quite easily: you just draw an ordinary 2D image (e.g. in Photoshop), send it to the provider and they do the rest. The price is usually not high for the simplest holograms.

In case of B: In short, a master hologram is made either "traditionally" or using some digital help. Such a master hologram is in fact a very fine relief. The hologram is metallized, covered with a thick layer of something hard enough and teared away. Now you have in fact a stamp in your hand. You then just impress it into a suitable material, e.g. a transparent plastic foil, that is usually further metallized. In this way, you can make thousands or millions of replicas.

In case of C: Well, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" :) And a journey from zero to embossed hologram facility is really, really long! Imagine this: "I have no idea how Intel makes their microprocessors but I want to be able to make my own microprocessors". But it can be definitely done if you are determined enough! First, buy a beginner's kit (such as Integraf or Litiholo) and make some easy holograms. Then read some introductory books (such as Practical holography). Then, immerse in more advanced books and conference papers. Meet some experienced holographers, get experience and build your own holographic lab. But if you work really hard and have lots of money, do not expect first embossed results sooner than after several years.
Valery

Post by Valery »

In case of C: Well, "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" :) And a journey from zero to embossed hologram facility is really, really long! Imagine this: "I have no idea how Intel makes their microprocessors but I want to be able to make my own microprocessors". But it can be definitely done if you are determined enough! First, buy a beginner's kit (such as Integraf or Litiholo) and make some easy holograms. Then read some introductory books (such as Practical holography). Then, immerse in more advanced books and conference papers. Meet some experienced holographers, get experience and build your own holographic lab. But if you work really hard and have lots of money, do not expect first embossed results sooner than after several years.
There is also d. :)
When everything is done, there is a laboratory, which made hologram you wanted to do. This raises the question, "But who needs it and whether it is possible to sell it, it would get back a little money " :o
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

Perhaps you are going to enter counterfeiting business. Lots of money there! :D
Din

Post by Din »

Then there's e. Where do you get the plates from? You either make your own, in which case you need the equipment and chemicals, which is not cheap. Or, you find a supplier, which is also not cheap.

If you simply want to make this kind of hologram, Lobaz advice is right, learn to make your own holograms first. If you simply want to copy these holograms, there's an easier and a lot cheaper way to copy these than actually making holograms.
che

Post by che »

pluto wrote:
che wrote:can someone help
Che,

There is a lot of great information on the Wiki: http://holowiki.org/wiki/Beginner%27s_Corner

I doubt anybody will explain the whole process in any sort of detail, especially since we already have such a great resource for learning the basics of holography.

I suggest you do some independent research, perhaps buy a book on holography if need be.

Then if you have a specific question in mind, we (other forum members that know a lot more than me) would be happy to help.

Good luck with the holo kit, make sure to post any holograms you make!
thanks for help i well check this site
lobaz wrote:Hello, che,
I am not sure if A) you want to prepare your own graphics and let someone to manufacture such holograms, or B) if you want to learn principles how these holograms are made, or C) if you want to actually be able to manufacture them.

In case of A: the easiest way is to find a local hologram provider (not necessarily a manufacturer) and ask for technical details. The simplest holograms such as those on your picture can be prepared quite easily: you just draw an ordinary 2D image (e.g. in Photoshop), send it to the provider and they do the rest. The price is usually not high for the simplest holograms.

In case of B: In short, a master hologram is made either "traditionally" or using some digital help. Such a master hologram is in fact a very fine relief. The hologram is metallized, covered with a thick layer of something hard enough and teared away. Now you have in fact a stamp in your hand. You then just impress it into a suitable material, e.g. a transparent plastic foil, that is usually further metallized. In this way, you can make thousands or millions of replicas.

i want to prepare my owen design , learn how to move the design from paper to real work , as you say "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step" that what i want to do .

and can you give some adivce about good tools to start learn hologram
Valery wrote:
There is also d. :)
When everything is done, there is a laboratory, which made hologram you wanted to do. This raises the question, "But who needs it and whether it is possible to sell it, it would get back a little money " :o

what i want is learn how to do it by my self

lobaz wrote:Perhaps you are going to enter counterfeiting business. Lots of money there! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Din wrote:Then there's e. Where do you get the plates from? You either make your own, in which case you need the equipment and chemicals, which is not cheap. Or, you find a supplier, which is also not cheap.

If you simply want to make this kind of hologram, Lobaz advice is right, learn to make your own holograms first. If you simply want to copy these holograms, there's an easier and a lot cheaper way to copy these than actually making holograms.

you are right this is what i want to do making my own hologram design by my self

thanks to you all
lobaz

Post by lobaz »

che wrote:you are right this is what i want to do making my own hologram design by my self
I understand you are primarily interested in the process design - **magic** - finished hologram stickers, whatever the magic means.
Check for example http://www.hlhologram.com/Artwork.htm to get some insight how to prepare data for basic holograms.
Also check the main page http://www.hlhologram.com/ and links provided there. You will find lots of details there.
If you write where do you live, maybe someone recommends you a provider of embossed hologram production.
I actually ordered some stickers just once. If I recall correctly, I paid about 300 USD for a pack of 2000 simple round stickers with my design, 35mm diameter. (i.e. 0.15 USD for a sticker) Larger quantity results in cheaper sticker, of course.
che

Post by che »

lobaz wrote:
che wrote:you are right this is what i want to do making my own hologram design by my self
I understand you are primarily interested in the process design - **magic** - finished hologram stickers, whatever the magic means.
Check for example http://www.hlhologram.com/Artwork.htm to get some insight how to prepare data for basic holograms.
Also check the main page http://www.hlhologram.com/ and links provided there. You will find lots of details there.
If you write where do you live, maybe someone recommends you a provider of embossed hologram production.
I actually ordered some stickers just once. If I recall correctly, I paid about 300 USD for a pack of 2000 simple round stickers with my design, 35mm diameter. (i.e. 0.15 USD for a sticker) Larger quantity results in cheaper sticker, of course.

thanks my frined i well chack those site

thanks again for helping