Holography for beginners

Starting point for beginners questions.
Khushbu

Holography for beginners

Post by Khushbu »

Hey,, I m khushbu frm India.. I wanna work on Holography.. But I m confuse frm where I start.. Can u plz help for Basics of Holography & how I start work on it???
jsfisher

Holography for beginners

Post by jsfisher »

Khushbu wrote:Hey,, I m khushbu frm India.. I wanna work on Holography.. But I m confuse frm where I start.. Can u plz help for Basics of Holography & how I start work on it???
Since I am never averse to shameless plugs for the holowiki, may I suggest starting with: http://holowiki.nss.rpi.edu/wiki/Beginner%27s_Corner.
World's worst holographer
Jeffrey Weil

Holography for beginners

Post by Jeffrey Weil »

India has many embossed holography companies. Try the Hologram Manufactures Association of India. Find a company near you and go and talk to them. Most people that apply for jobs are just looking for a job. Let them know you're interested in not just a job, but a job in holography.

If you've made any holograms at home take them with you. No matter what they look like. Take them even if they are very poor quality. If you show them that you really want to be there for more then a weekly pay check they will find a place for you.

Good luck. Here's their website and their company list.

http://www.homai.org/
http://www.homai.org/Detail.aspx?pid=3
Dinesh

Holography for beginners

Post by Dinesh »

If you want to work in holography, that is, get a job in a holography company, then Jeff's suggestion is a good start. Bear in mind that a lot of these mass production houses treat holographers as part of an assembly line. You learn very little holography, you simply follow the routine.

If you want to understand holography and make your own holograms, then, in India, your biggest challenge is probably equipment. You need to get a laser, an unobstructed power supply (I know in India power abruptly simply stops for hours at a time), chemicals and a place to work. In this case, I'd say your best way is to find a college or university near you that has an engineering or physics course, and ask them where to find lasers etc.
Ed Wesly

Holography for beginners

Post by Ed Wesly »

Checking out this web site might help: edweslystudio.com
"We're the flowers in the dustbin" Sex Pistols
Khushbu

Holography for beginners

Post by Khushbu »

Thank you for your suggestion..

I have one another doubt...

My question is that " Is any mathimatical mathematical formula required for Recording & Reconstruction in Holography??"
Dinesh

Holography for beginners

Post by Dinesh »

No. No mathematics is necessary to record a (display) hologram. There are holograms that need some calculation, but a display hologram needs no mathematics.
Khushbu

Holography for beginners

Post by Khushbu »

Thank you Mr. Dinesh for your replay

Then how to recording & reconstructing holography??

Can u tell me what is the mechanism??

Actually I wanna do one project on this topic. I studied about holography theory but i m confuse that how to practically implement this.. Can u give me some reference??
Dinesh

Holography for beginners

Post by Dinesh »

It's difficult to give a method on how to make a hologram in this forum. The process is complicated. I know that books in general are not available in India, since I was teaching holography to a company in Kerala and they had no access to books easily available in the west. The question is, are you a hobby holographer (do you have a job that does not involve holography), or are you a holographer in a new holography company? Or are you a student?

The first problem is equipment. Do you have access to a laser?, Film? Chemicals? I would suggest three alternatives:

1. Call HOMAI (Jeff Weil posted a link). If you want to be a professional holographer, then joining HOMAI is a good beginning. They will give you useful information and connect you to other hologram manufacturers in India. If this is a hobby, HOMAI will give you contacts with colleges and universities and places where you can get equipment.

2.Go to Integraf : http://www.integraf.com/ ( I know Integraf supplies some companies in India).

3. Find a local college that has a laser and other equipment and ask the professor there if you can join or start a holography group.
Khushbu

Holography for beginners

Post by Khushbu »

Thank you MR. Dinesh..

I am a Student..

I doing MS in Digital Forensics & Information Assurance..

Actually I heard about holography technique so I wanna develop a tool using holography including security purpose.. I was study about holography last two month..
And I got some theoretical knowledge about it. But now I wanna do implementation as I told you in my previous reply..

That's why I need some basic idea how I implement it??